Linkup Social Ltd, registered address International House, 61 Mosley Street, Manchester, England, M2 3HZ.
1. What does this policy cover?
We at Linkup take your personal data seriously. This policy:
• sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
• explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
• explains how long we keep your personal data for
• explains when, why and with who we will share your personal data;
• sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data;
• explains the effect of refusing to provide the personal data requested;
• explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
• explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us.
2. Information we collect
It goes without saying, we can’t help you develop new friendships without some information about you.
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
• When you create an account, you provide us with your phone number as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your name and date of birth.
• When you complete your profile, you can share with us additional information, such as details on your bio, as well as content such as photos. To add certain content, like pictures, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
• When you participate in surveys, focus groups or market studies, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
• When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
• Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as necessary for the operation of the services.
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, this generates technical data about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
• Usage Information Using the services generates data about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., when you logged in, features you’ve been using, actions taken, information shown to you, and referring web pages address) and your interactions with other users (e.g.users you connect and interact with, when you exchanged with them, number of messages you send and receive).
• Device information We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify a device or browser.
• Other information with your consent If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude). The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your precise geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo or video or participate in streaming features on our services).
3. Cookies and Other Similar Data Collection Technologies
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Linkup, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
4. How We Use Information
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons for which we use your information, together with practical examples.
A. To administer your account and provide our services to you
• Create and manage your account
• Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
• Communicate with you about our services
B. To improve our services and develop new ones
• Administer focus groups, market studies and surveys
• Review interactions to improve our quality of service
• Understand how users typically use the services to improve them (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on how users react to it)
• Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new Linkup category based on requests received from users).
C. To prevent, detect and fight fraud and other illegal or unauthorised activities
• Communicate to individuals who submit a report, what we’ve done as a result of their submission
5. How We Share Information
Since our goal is to help you meet new people and find new experiences, we share some of the users’ information with service providers and partners who assist us in operating the services. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
With other users
You share information with others when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you’re comfortable being visible.
With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, and security operations.
We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. Our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
You may share other users’ profiles or linkups and they may share yours with people outside of our services, using the sharing functionality.
With law enforcement / when required by laws
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
1. We may enforce rights
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
We may ask for your consent to share your information with third parties. In any such case, we will make it clear why we want to share the information.
2. With your consent or at your request
6. Your Rights
We want you to be in control of your information, so we want to remind you of the following options and tools available to you:
• Device permissions. Mobile platforms can have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone contacts, pictures, location services, and push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection or processing of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose functionality.
• Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. Remember that uninstalling an app does NOT close your account. To close your account, please use the corresponding functionality on the service.
• Account closure. You can close your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
7. How Long We Retain Your Information
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5) and as permitted by applicable law. If you decide to stop using our services, you can close your account and your profile and linkups will stop being visible to other users. Note that we will close your account automatically if you are inactive for a period of two years. After your account is closed, we will delete your personal information, as laid out below:
1. To protect the safety and security of our users, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account closure, or one year following an account ban. During this period, we keep your information in the event that it might be necessary to investigate unlawful or harmful conducts. The retention of information during this safety retention window is based on our legitimate interest as well as that of potential third-party victims.
2. Once the safety retention window elapses, we delete your data and only keep limited information for specified purposes, as laid out below:
a) We maintain limited data to comply with legal data retention obligations: in particular, we keep transaction data for 10 years to comply with tax and accounting legal requirements. We also keep records of consents users give us for five years to evidence our compliance with applicable law.
b) We maintain limited information on the basis of our legitimate interest: we keep customer care records and supporting data as well as imprecise location of download/purchase for five years to support our customer care decisions, enforce our rights and enable us to defend ourselves in the event of a claim, information on the existence of past accounts and subscriptions, which we delete three years after the closure of your last account to ensure proper and accurate financial forecasting and reporting, profile data for one year in anticipation of potential litigation, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, and data necessary to prevent users who were banned from opening a new account, for as long as necessary to ensure the safety and vital interests of our users.
c) Finally, we maintain information on the basis of our legitimate interest where there is an outstanding or potential issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep information (in particular if we receive a valid legal subpoena or request asking us to preserve data (in which case we would need to keep the data to comply with our legal obligations) or if data would otherwise be necessary as part of legal proceedings).
Because we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to help you make new friends and enjoy new experiences, and strive to make sure explanations about our data practices remain up-to-date, this policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
9. How to Contact Us
Online form: https://www.linkupapp.io/contact-us
By post: International House, 61 Mosley Street, Manchester, England, M2 3HZ